To implement the quality management principles and requirements for refining performance and consistently achieving goals and client’s satisfaction. The purpose of an effective performance of Management Policy for employees is to have a clear understanding of the work expected from them, to receive ongoing feedback regarding how they are performing relative to expectations, to distribute rewards accordingly, to identify development opportunities, and to address performance that does not meet expectations.
A comprehensive performance management system empowers employees to have greater input to their personal career progression and will enable managers to better identify, recognize, and reward individuals based upon an agreed set of criteria. MEC strives to provide an environment where all employees understand the impact their contributions have on the achievement of our goals and are provided the opportunity for ongoing personal growth.
One way we can accomplish this goal is through a strong performance based Management Policy that culminates in an annual performance review.
To identify and remove any discriminatory practices (based on age, race, sex, marriage status, religion, social status and etc.), found in the recruitment, selection and hiring, promotion, training, retention and termination of employees in all levels and categories of employment and to act upon the values of promoting equal opportunities to applicants regardless of their background.
To strive for building and preserving a human work environment where employees are encouraged and given opportunities to constantly improve their skills and diversify their knowledge.
MEC is committed to provide its clients the highest quality service meeting with regulatory requirements and exceeding clients’ satisfaction. To ensure the working effectiveness of the company’s services and procedures, we keep improving a quality management system by setting ourselves challenging objectives and providing resources to achieve these goals. Our aims to deliver a reliable, competent and professional service which is dedicated to fulfilling the objectives and expectations of its clients and end users. Our objective is to constantly refine upon our already established standards to maintain our presence as leaders in our industry.
This commitment to quality is a fundamental element that distinguishes MEC from others in the field.
To provide a safe working environment and integrate in all our projects the best health and safety practices where the wellbeing of all individuals is sustained. We follows these mandatory rules in everyday work with our employees, clients, visitors, users of the buildings we design and supervise, and anyone else who may be affected by our operations. We provide clear instructions and information, and adequate training, to ensure employees are competent to do their work, engage and consult with employees on day-to-day health and safety conditions and implement emergency procedures (evacuation in case of fire or other significant incident and etc.).
Policy concerning employees and individuals visiting MEC site premises:
- To foster healthy and safety working environments for employees, clients or other individuals visiting the premises;
- To provide sufficient information, instruction and training to our employees, as well as those we supervise, on all facets of their work such as the use and handling of equipment and hazardous substances and etc., to safeguard, as much as possible, their health and safety at work;
- To make sure that risk measures are taken into account for responsibilities that include new or unusual activities;
- To ensure that all individuals are adequately briefed when visiting construction sites and obtaining a visitors card following their debriefing;
- To ascertain that all individuals entering the construction site are wearing the necessary protection clothing and equipment in accordance with the Construction Regulations;
- To record all incidents and report any major accident, injury or work related disease to the concerned department in accordance with current regulations.
Policy concerning Professional Services:
- To control the health and safety risks arising from activities;
- To comply with the requirements of Construction Regulations during all project phases before and after completion;
- To encourage employees to report health and safety hazards to the concerned departments;
- To involve clients and contractors in discharging in full their duty of care and compliance to the Policies and Manuals.
MEC prevent accidents and causes of work-related ill health by managing the health and safety risks in the workplace by issuing the Health and Safety Policy, Manuals and supplementary or revised guidelines from time to time on safety related matters to old and new employees. Once joining MEC, employees are obligated to read the Policy and Manuals and sign the pertinent documentation confirming receipt, conformance and understanding of the policy whether it be new or revised
Our employees are committed to:
- Continuously improve our environmental performance and integrate environmental management best practice into our practice operations;
- Reduce our consumption of resources and improve the efficient use of those resources;
- Measure, review and take action to reduce the carbon footprint of our practice activities to meet our objectives and targets;
- Manage waste generated from our practice operations according to the principles of reduction, re-use and recycling;
- Manage our practice operations to prevent pollution;
- Give due consideration to environmental issues and energy performance in the planning and design of buildings, urban design and landscape design;
- Ensure environmental, including climate change, criteria are taken into account in the procurement of goods and services;
- Comply as a minimum with all relevant environmental legislation as well as other environmental requirements to which the practice subscribes. To meet the environmental commitments, management will:
- Provide management oversight and review environmental policies and performance, and allocate resources for effective direction and implementation;
- Set and monitor key objectives and targets for managing our environmental performance;
- Communicate internally and externally our environmental policy on a regular basis, and encourage feedback;
- Communicate the importance of environmental issues to staff;
- Work together with our staff, professional colleagues and contractors to promote improved environmental performance;
- Promote consideration of sustainability and environmental issues in the services we provide to our clients;
- Review our environmental policy regularly.
Becoming an ecologically-efficient organization means growing our business to be economically sustainable, while using fewer resources and creating less waste and pollution. If we achieve these aims, we achieve benefits for our customers. We are committed to operating our assets in the most environmentally-responsible manner, and in compliance with all applicable environmental regulations and standards.
MEC maintains certain policies to guide its employees with respect to standards of conduct expected in areas where improper activities could damage the company’s reputation and otherwise result in serious adverse consequences to the company and to employees involved.
MEC staff should strive to:
- Attain better social and environmental designs that are echo friendly and coexist harmonically with the environment;
- Treat equally all individuals that work or deal with it;
- Eliminate the existence of hierarchies for an intellectual and creative atmosphere;
- Prevent prejudice from influencing the design process;
- Eradicate apartheid among professionals;
- Provide the highest standards in design and execution of its works
Shared Ethical views:
- Our attitude towards others and society in which we live in directly exemplifies the way we work;
- Neither MEC nor its employees accept commissions or bribes in any form from any client, individual, organization or third party service provider;
- MEC does not deal with any entity that is involved in the violation of human rights or projects that adversely affects the environment or social lifestyle;
- Our ethical values cannot be compromised, explicitly or implicitly for profit or any other form of benefit;
- All our employees should be conscious that their contributions are essential for the success of the projects MEC undertakes, and that their actions should reflect the highest standards of ethical behavior.
MEC adopts a zero – tolerance policy for corruption. All MEC employees are advised to report any attempts of bribery, perjury or any form of corruption. For the purposes of this policy this includes all individuals working at all levels and grades, including senior managers, officers, directors, employees (whether permanent, fixed-term or temporary), consultants, contractors, trainees, seconded staff, casual workers, interns, agents, sponsors, or any other person associated with us, or any of our subsidiaries or joint ventures or their employees, wherever they are located.
Cases of corruption are taken very seriously and employees/parties who are found involved are susceptible to serious disciplinary actions that might reach to expulsion, companies and organizations automatically should be blacklisted.